Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD) is a mental health disorder in children resulting in severe and frequent temper tantrums that interfere with their ability to function at home, in school, or with their friends.
Symptoms of DMDD
The symptoms of DMDD include:
- Severe angry outbursts at least three times a week
- Sad, irritable, or angry mood almost every day
- Reaction is bigger than expected
- Child must be at least six years old
- Symptoms begin before age ten
- Symptoms are present for at least a year
- Child has trouble functioning in more than one place (e.g., home, school, and/or with friends)
At Sal Psychiatry we can help, contact us now. Appointments available!